- The Politics of Social Media. Facebook: Control & Resistance. Marc Stumpel . UvA New Media MA Thesis. August 16, 2010.
- Facebook’s Privacy Trainwreck: Exposure, Invasion, and Social Convergence by boyd, Danah. 2008.
Unlike Us blog
- We’re commodities, but maybe that’s all right – what do we pay for using FourSquare? by Stijn Peeters, Institute of Network Cultures, February 5 2013
- Modern-Day Privacy by Michelle Oosthuyzen, Insitute of Network Cultures, March 5 2012
- Facebook’s ‘Letter from Zuckerberg’: The Annotated Version. By Marc Stumpel, Insitute of Network Cultures, February 2 2012.
- Antisocial Integrations: Inverting the Tracking Logic by Marc Stumpel, Institute of Network Cultures, October 21, 2011.
- Do not judge Facebook by its cover! Exploring discourse beyond the user interface. by Marc Stumpel, Institute of Network Cultures, October 6 2011
Blog posts elsewhere
- Visualizing Facebook’s Alternative Fabric of the Web by Anne Helmond, March 12 2012
- Not Sharing Is Caring. Facebook’s terrible plan to get us to share everything we do on the Web by Farhad Manjoo, September 22nd, Slate.
- Why Facebook is building a second internet. Facebook will be watching every move you make by Gary Marshall, September 23rd, Tech Radar.
- Facebook is scaring me by Dave Winer, Scripting News, September, 24th.
- Logging out of Facebook is not enough by Nik Cubrilovic, September 25th.
- As ‘Like’ Buttons Spread, So Do Facebook’s Tentacles by Riva Richmond, September 27nd, The New York Times.
- Groups ask Feds to ban Facebook’s ‘frictionless sharing’ by Declan McCullagh, Cnet News, September 29th.
- One Man’s War Against Facebook on the European Front by Joe Coscarelli, New York Magazine, October 18th.
- Interactive video turns Facebook fears into 2 minutes of horror, by Doug Cross, CNN, October 2, 8th