INC PRODUCTION, DEVELOPMENT and COMMUNICATION INTERNSHIP
The INC is hiring an intern with demonstrated production skills. The intern will be involved in the new INC research project MyCreativity#2, and assists with general office operations.
Start date: September 1 – December 19 2014 with a possible extension to February 1 2015.
0.8 FT (4 days a week)
Compensation: € 450 a month (according to HvA norm)
The intern will work on the MyCreativity#2 project and helps with the production of the international MyCreativity Sweatshop event in November 2014.
The ‘creative industries’ have become an established economic sector across much of Europe, and even a ‘top sector’ in the Netherlands. This had an ambivalent and often dire impact not only on the conditions of creative production but also on art and design education. In the meantime, creative industries policies have moved on to new and more technological shores, which see creativity and innovation increasingly become a question of big data economies, algorithmic design and digital scalability. The question the MyCreativity Sweatshop asks is: Where does that leave the ever-growing multitude of creative producers?
For more information visit: networkcultures.org/
• assisting the staff of the INC with projects related development, communication and research.
• assisting with event research
• drafting of communication material
• liaising with partners and speakers
• helping with the production and logistics of INC events
• writing of blog posts; the targeted promotion of events, and overall project management support.
Other tasks may include:
• attending meetings
• writing literature reviews on subjects related to the different research initiatives
• collecting interesting and relevant project-related literature
• general office tasks
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, inquisitive and precise (former) student
• with knowledge and a demonstrated interest in the field of new media (MA or BA)
• with a keen interest in the work of the INC
• with strong writing, communication and research skills
• with some experience in social media management and web administration
• with some experience in event management and production
• with a desire to learn, take initiative and suggest better practices and to take constructive feedback
• with knowledge of navigating web sites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing
• a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills who is well organised, attentive to detail, and willing to participate in a variety of tasks as needed.
As the INC has an international scope, active English skills are required, in speaking and writing.
For further information you can contact Patricia de Vries: email@example.com Applications: if you are interested please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 2nd 2014.