For the further development of its electronic publication strategy – combining digital and print books and other media – the Institute of Network Cultures is looking for an intern with a strong interest in digital publishing.
The internship will be 4 days a week, starting September 2015 until January 2016.
You will be producing international publications in the field of online media in different formats (print, PDF, epub, longforms). A strong command of the English language in reading and writing is necessary, as most of the publications are in English. We are looking for someone with a keen interest or background in new media, writing & editing and/or the book industry. It is possible to do research for a thesis within this internship.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, inquisitive and precise (former) student with a demonstrated interest in the field of digital publishing and a desire to learn about books, e-books, and new media. In addition, you have strong writing and communication skills. Knowledge of WordPress, html, and social media management is a plus.
Internship duties include:
• Digitizing existing publications;
• assisting with the production of new titles, both print and electronic;
• editing manuscripts;
• preparing documents (text, images, etc.) for electronic publishing.
The intern will be a part of a small team within a large institution. Other tasks within the team may include:
• Attending meetings;
• communication and PR;
• researching and writing blog posts;
• collecting and reviewing interesting and relevant literature;
• assisting in other running projects in the INC;
• being part of the crew at INC events.
• The opportunity to be part of a dedicated, informal, and inspirational organization with extended international networks;
• experience in the front line of new developments in publishing;
• a chance to enhance your writing, editing, media, and research skills;
• a compensation of € 450 a month.
For further information you can contact Miriam Rasch, publications manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)20 5951865.
Applications: if you are interested please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before 26 juni 2015.